Friday, June 20, 2008

The light at the end of the tunnel...

If there is one thing that I am the most like my mother, it is the fact that I can not handle the heat!! When I am inside the house, or driving in the car I do not want it to be 90 degrees and sticky! Don't get me wrong, I love summertime and being outside by the pool or hiking or going to the beach etc. but when I am inside, the heat should be outside or you do not want to be around me!!

This last week in UT, it has been getting pretty hot and we, of course, bought an older home that does not have air conditioning...it has been miserable!! Just ask Rob, I almost become a different person, a very mean and nasty person! So I finally convinced him to help me put the AC unit in our bedroom window, we turned it on and I promise I heard angels sing... it was glorious!!!

It's almost too good to be true, but it truly is the light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel!!

We are still not cooking because the kitchen is far away and gets really hot, but we are working on that this weekend...

For all of you (my family) in the deep south laughing at this, I know I have no idea how bad it is in Georgia and North Carolina and to be honest... I have no intentions of ever finding out!!

1 comment:

Chellor said...

I know what you mean Kah Jers. I haven't had AC in my house for the past three years. We do buy those window units but it only gets one room. The new house i just moved into has nothing. And since it was built in 1918 the windows don't even open. Please kill me now!