Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It rained today...

I stepped outside, and from the back of our house I can see pretty far up the valley... and all I see are storm clouds. I took a deep breath in and could smell it coming. As we drove further up the valley drops started to fall on the windshield...it was raining. As soon as I got to work I sat in my car for a minute, turned the vent on high, and just took it all in like a cold drink of water after a long hot day. It was so refreshing that I wanted to get out of my car, stand outside and let it soak in. It doesn’t rain too often down here and so when it does, it’s an instant reminder of the NW. I suppose it’s one of those things that you don’t realize how much you love it until it’s gone. I wish it would rain for a few days, but here, it’ll hardly last a full day.

It rained today, and for just a moment… it was like I was home again.


1 comment:

Kyle Peterson said...

That's so crazy. I guess you like rain when you grow up in Seattle. I'm happy with no rain at all. I love San Diego because it is sunny 98% of the time. It has only rained like 5 times since we have lived here, and last night was one of those days. But I must admit it does smell so refreshing, the smell of the wet bark on trees.