Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It is what it looks like...

If it looks like I'm pouring hot water into our washing machine to do laundry...I am. We haven't had hot water for two weeks now. We have two large pots permanently situated on our stove top to boil water to wash dishes and do laundry daily. We've been taking turns between showering at my Father's house and at Rob's parent's house. Two weeks ago our water heater stopped working because the people before us installed it incorrectly and it finally blew out a part. The manufacturing company sent the wrong replacement part and the nearest expert on the type we have, is in Sandy. Rob took this picture because he thought it would be funny to have.

We now have no AC in either car or house, Rob's car is still sitting in our driveway because we can't get it fixed, Rob goes back to school this summer and now we have to boil water on the stove to do laundry and dishes. We are definitely experiencing the typical poor first couple of years being married. At this point, it's just funny now...

5 comments:

ninjalove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tonya said...

Hi guys!! I was so glad that you find my blog! It's way fun to see what everyone's doing in their lives. Don't you love the fun newlywed stuff you go through? I love that your 'child' is a dog. ha ha. How are you guys?? Just seeing the name Rob Horn brings back so many good memories..What all ar eyou guys up to these days??

Chellor said...

And you wonder why we're not married yet? yeah... right. ;) Love you guys and let us know if we can ever help out with anything!

Pops said...

I just find it interesting that Chellor is willing to commit us to things with out talking to me about them first. So, I think I'll give it a try to... Chellor will make an pineapple upside down for you guys this weekend. I don't even like pineapple upside down cake, but it sounded like the most labor intensive thing I could think of:)
Chellor's right though, we're happy to help out with anything, we love ya.

Kyle Peterson said...

Is the water working yet? I feel for you guys! Believe me Kyle and I have gone through the poor couple thing, especially since being out here. It will get better, hang in there!