Monday, July 21, 2008

Santaquin Canyon

A few friends invited us to go up Santaquin Canyon to meet up with their family who were up there camping. I can't say the family "Talent Show" was the most exciting, but it was fun to go up the canyon and get away for a little while. I was really surprised at how much the canyon reminded me of WA, minus the evergreen trees that is. Here a few pics from our little adventure, the pictures of us are terrible, but you get the idea!

There was this little river that ran right next to the campsite which was so nice, except it attracted all these bugs! Really though, it wasn't that bad and the sound of the water running was pretty relaxing.

So I made the mistake of saying that this canyon reminded me a little bit like being back home in OR & WA and Rob decided to have some fun. Since, the northwest is notorious for tales of Bigfoot, Rob thought it would be fun to take a sit and hit it across the tree. Yeah don't ask, they did this in Monster Quest we watched. It's supposed to draw them to you...

As you can tell, he thought it was fun...

We saw this across the river and thought it was a cool little cave in a hollowed out tree.

This is Jess and Meg

Of course, this is Rob and I... I told you they were terrible pictures!!

6 comments:

Melinda McBride said...

Crappy pictures or not, the mountains look so much better than this 108 degree crap we've got here!!!!

Naomi Alice said...

You guys are so cute.. By the way, I want to see more pictures of you guys up here! Come on, I gave you tuuuuuuuns!!!! hahahahahahaha
In couple days I'll be going on the mountain for a day. Gosh it has been forever, it is nice up there(:

Cassie said...

Hey!!! Kent and I were married September 10th 2005 too! Weird!!

And we dont have kids yet either, yay were not losers! We own a house in Lehi and it IS scary, were moving and renting it so we can start saving money for once. How fun that I found you!

Cassie said...

I LOVE Utah but Kent hates it more than he hates the rain :(

I do miss the trees. But I love the snow and the 100 degree summers, so after Washington we plan on Colorado!

And seriously, my wedding pictures and now are like night and day.

Anonymous said...

haha the sad fact is, how much Burgerville i am actually going to consume over this weekend. The amount is absolutley disgusting and I will love every minute of it!!!! haha I'm glad someone else shares the obsession!

Kyle Peterson said...

Oh I miss camping sooooo much! That is definitely one of the few things I miss about Utah!