Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 4th

So after an exciting morning of sleeping in until 10, lounging around the house for a couple of hours, and Rob going over to the rental house to water the lawn, we decided we needed to actually get out and DO something!! I was going crazy!! Although it was nice to be able to sleep in (which we NEVER do) and not have to do anything... I was so bored!

I grew up in Vancouver, WA where usually we had the largest fireworks show west of the Mississippi River. Fort Vancouver was packed with vendor booths, food, they had a concert, and lots of people. We would always go down to the college just north of the Fort Vancouver, about mid day, and hang out until the fireworks started. We'd play football, Frisbee, someone would bring a BBQ, and we'd meet up with tons of people from the neighborhood and just have fun the WHOLE day!! ...well needless to say, that's not exactly what happened yesterday.

After we decided to go out, we needed a place to go. I'm not sure what exactly possessed me to say this, but I suggested Wingers...really I wanted Asphalt Pie!! ;)
As most of you will know, they give you popcorn as the appetizer. Rob decided he didn't want to eat popcorn because it's usually a food you eat because it's there, so what did he decide to do with it instead...?
...he proceeded to through it at me!! I know, now this is a picture of a loving husband isn't it?? ...It's a good thing they weren't that busy because I'm sure he could have had a few kids join with him at making a mess with the popcorn. He was having way too much fun with this!!!
Now, for the grand finale!!!! My favorite and really the only reason I even go to Wingers... ASPHALT PIE!! We got it to go because at this point we needed to start heading over to find a place to watch the fireworks...For those of you who don't know, it's a mint ice cream pie on a Oreo cookie crust, with whipped cream, and caramel on top...Hmmm, doesn't that just look wonderful!?!
As soon as we had our Asphalt Pie ready to go, we met up with Rob's parents, headed over to Provo and watched the fireworks show. I left my camera in the car so all I have to show for our day is pictures of ... Wingers.

3 comments:

Naomi Alice said...

Your brother told talked to me so much about the fireworks in Vancouver.. Almost like complaining about the one we were watching in Vegas.
So here is the thing.. What you say if next year we'll all be up there??
Would be fun(: and nice to see that place I heard so much about.. ANd, seems like it looks so much like my home here in Switzerland, so I bet in a year I'll need to get some of that fresh green air, hahahahaha(:

Kjerstin said...

Hey I'm totally up for it the only thing is you'll need to convince Rob, but I think if the three of us get in on it we'll break him! hahaha :)

Cassie said...

K this is totally an older post but for my husbands birthday we went to wingers and all he had was asphalt pies. 3 OF THEM!