Monday, August 18, 2008

The 2008 Olympic Games

So I don't have any new pictures to post, mainly because we haven't been doing a whole lot other than sitting and watching the Olympics every night. I haven't really been into the Summer Olympics before this year and so far we have loved it!! Our favorite, of course, has been the swimming events!

Dara Torres was amazing! She is 41 and won GOLD!! She also held up the race so that one of the swimmers from the Swedish team could get a suit on because her other one ripped right before the race was about to start! She was the perfect example of sportsmanship!!
For us, they have been really exciting, especially watching Michael Phelps win all 8 gold medals! It's insane!!
Ok, am I the only one who thinks he looks like a completely different person with his swimming cap on?? I didn't even recognize him!


4 comments:

Kjerstin said...

"Ok, am I the only one who thinks he looks like a completely different person with his swimming cap on?? I didn't even recognize him!"

What Kjerstin is trying to say here is that she thinks Michael Phelps is really hot with his swim cap on, but when he takes it off, he doesn't look so hot.

Pops said...

Wait, wait, wait... Michael Phelps swims? I just thought he was a ridiculously good looking guy wearing a speedo all the time.

Kjerstin said...

Actually Pops, that would be me.

-Rob

JWalburger said...

I agree micheal Phelps does look different with his swim hat on. In fact, most swimmers look different. it was pretty incredible what Phelps has accomplished though. Even us here in Canada admit he is pretty great at swimming while we cheered him on to win all 8 golds.