Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cardinal Sin... and Annie

I understand that having a blog and going as long as we have without posting is a cardinal sin, however, Pops, I am sorry!!

Yes, it is absolutely
ridiculous that after two months, we have yet to get our computer fixed, but it's true and unless you would like to pay for it, you'll just have to wait until we can be active bloggers again!! Until that time comes, don't cast us out of your blogging world just yet :)

So much has happened and I couldn't even imagine trying to go back and reiterate it all for you, but this is something that stuck out in my mind...

Annie, our orphan ...OK her name isn't really Annie, but it should be!

Most of you know that conference was last week and while Rob was on his way to the Priesthood session, he almost hit a stray dog! He stopped to see if she had a collar or license, which she didn't and I was called. She was an Australian Shepard mix, I'll post pictures later, and she was so cute! I brought out some treats and food to where he was, mind you it is raining at this point, and we waited for the cop to come pick her up and we could go on our way living our lives. Well, when he got there, he said she was most likely dropped off here by an owner who just didn't want her anymore and left her to fend for herself... I'm sorry, who does that?! He said that a lot of people do that in the field where we found her and I asked where she would go and he proceeded to tell me the whole process.

1. She would be placed in a kennel, which is a nice way of saying a chain link fence on a cement slab... with no roof (remember it's still raining), and then someone would come the next day to feed her.

2. Then on Monday (two days later) if she didn't have a microchip she would placed in the state shelter. If no one comes to claim her in three days... they euthanize her, which in case you don't know, they KILL her.

Well neither Rob or I could live with that on our conscience, so we took her home, set up a little area in our garage and she proceeded to eat us out of house and home for two days... OK not really, but it seemed like she hadn't eaten in forever and didn't stop!! It was so sad!!

After a few days of that, we couldn't find anyone to take her and she didn't have a microchip, and I am just not one who can live with making a dog stay outside 24/7. At this point, I just couldn't take it anymore and so we made the trip up to Salt Lake City and dropped her off at the Humane Society.

Needless to say, I balled like a baby!! I felt so bad that we couldn't keep her and I totally felt like we were just another person dropping her off somewhere, hoping someone else would eventually want her. I was convinced she would hate me for life!!

So, if anyone wants a dog she is currently at the Salt Lake City Humane Society and is one of the best dogs anyone could ever own!!

GO GET HER!!!... I mean it right now!! :D

4 comments:

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

Hey I miss my Horn friends! I could've added a y to that, but I leave it be this time! I say Ali at Macey's again...love her. Hey Kjer, you'll never believe it, I just painted my little Halloween, Harvest decorations that we started....2 years ago? I found them and spiffied them up! And I thought of you. We should hang out sometime cuz I miss you guys!

Chellor said...

Ok... Kendall wanted me to tell you guys that he's thinking of forgiving you. ;) Love you two!

JWalburger said...

Glad to see you haven't completely dissapeared! We just found out that Fred and Gwen (my parents) are unable to make it to the Wedding for Christian and Naomi. . . so sad!! That means I cannot tag along for the ride to see all you guys and catch up. :( Hope married life is still going swell cousin!

Kyle Peterson said...

Wow. It has been a while. Get wit it! We miss you guys. Hope all is well. Please come visit again!!